Thursday, September 17, 2009

Orthopedic Surgery - Completed

Another one bites the dust! Jim has completed Orthopedic Surgery rotation at St. James in Olympia Fields, IL. This was a long rotation. I am so glad we were up in Chicago for this one. Jim was up every morning at 4 am and not getting home until 6 or 7pm. He has learned a lot and was "pimped" everyday and did a good job at getting the answers correct. I am so proud of him. He has also made some good contacts with the hospital as it is one of the hosptial he is looking into for residency after graduation! It would be such a blessing if Jim could get his residency here. Samantha would go to the Christian school we want her to grow up in and we would be here with all our family and friends!

This has been such a fun month. During the days, Samantha and I spend time with my sister, mom and dad, and my brother and then at night we come back to Jim's parents house and spend time with them. I have had some good girls nights, Aunite Julie and I went to the zoo with Samantha, and I have watched Samantha grow up this past month

Samantha has gotten 2 more teeth, so we have 8 now. She has learned to walk, and she is doing really well. She is walking from one side of the room to another. She has learned to go from a sitting position to a standing postion. She has learned to give kisses and she knows where her eyes are. I can't believe she is almost a year old. She has so much love here with all of our family.

Next month is going to be even better. Jim is on VACATION!!! We have so many things planned. The zoo, pumpkin patch, corn maze, and her 1st birthday party, and her 1st year doctor's appointment.

1 comment:

Sheila Marti said...

Yay, Vacation!!! Enjoy your time together- You've earned it!!!