Monday, August 2, 2010

Crazy busy summer

This has been one of the craziest, but of the most summers I have had in a long time! In the beginning I packed up a house in a week and moved back to Chicago with Jim & Samantha! Jim has started his 4th year and is LOVING it so far! He has taken STEP II & COMLEX PE and we are waiting to hear if he passes, but I'm sure he did and with great scores! He has decieded that he wants to do EM! I'm so happy to hear this, because I know he will be a great doctor. He is so great in pressure situations. He has already done an EM rotation at the hospital he wants for residency and loved it!
Samantha and I took a road trip to Manitawish Waters, WI for a great week with my aunt & uncle and their family and my Oma (grandma in dutch) & Papa! We had a great time at their cottage. Samantha had a lot of 1st's. She was on a boat for the first time. Swimming in a lake for the first time. She had her first bon fire. She did great and loved every minute of it. I was a nervous wreck going there alone with her, but I think I did a good job myself of not freaking out everytime she got close to the lake. She had a great time with her cousin Peter and she kept up with him every step of the way!
Samantha and I have spent a lot of time at the pool and she is getting more daring each time we go! Samantha and I have had a lot of bonding time this summer. I can't believe she is going to be 2 in 2 short months! She is just simply AMAZING! She communicates so well and is speaking in all sentences. She has learned a lot of sign language and still uses it occassionally even though she knows how to say it! She LOVES to color, play with her babies and her trains. She loves to play outside with bubbles and chalk. I swear I have gone through 10 huge bottles of bubbles this summer! It has been a blast!
Well that's it for now!

1 comment:

Sheila Marti said...

Sounds like you've had a great summer! I can't wait to see Sam and oodle at all the "big girl" stuff she can do.
Thanks for the update and p.s. I love your new blog background- it's perfect!
Hope to catch up with you soon. till then- sheila