Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Little Waterbug

Today we made the our first trip of the year to Palos Heights Pool! We had so much fun there. Samantha was a little waterbug and didn't want to come out of the pool after 3 hours! I decided that we were going to walk to the pool. It's only about a mile away. So I packed everything up, put Samantha in the stroller and away we went. It was a beautiful day, we have had so many crappy days lately that I just wanted to be outside! We had a great walk to the pool. Samantha saw many butterflies, chipmunks, birds and airplanes. She was so excited! When sitting at the pool watching Samantha play, I sat back and realized how blessed I am. I'm able to stay home with my little peanut and watch her grow and learn new things everyday. She just amazes me with what she does and how she figure things out. I have a husband who is working so hard in his last year of school and will be able to provide for us. I have my family and my in-laws who are so loving and giving to all 3 of us.
Anyway, so we were at the pool for 3 hours and enjoying our time. I do have some complaints about the pool. I really think they should put an age restriction on how old the child is to be in the kiddie pool. I mean really do 10 year old need to be in there knocking over my child? I think every child who is NOT potty trained SHOULD have to wear a swimmer diaper. I can't tell you how many times I had to ask another child to give Samantha the toy back that she was playing with. I understand if she put it down and walked away, but grabbing it out of her hand is totally unacceptable. Some parents just don't pay attention to what their kids are doing and it irrates the crap out of me! We will continue to go to the pool unless things just get way out of hand. And if it were up to Samantha, we would have been at the pool until it closed! All in all it was a great day!

She finally got the ball

Having a good time with the bucket


just kicking in the water!

splashing...splashing

getting ready to head home!

No comments: