Thursday, February 10, 2011

R.I.P. Great Oma 3/13/1913 - 2/5/2011

My great grandmother who was 97 years old passed away this past Saturday. She was such an energtic, fun and loving women. She was born in Amstelveen, Holland and immigrated to America with my Oma during World War II. She loved knitting, playing the harmonica, and playing bingo. A couple of summers ago, my mom and Samantha flew down to Florida so she would be able to meet Samantha because we knew that she would never make it up to Chicago to see here. I'm so thankful we were able to make it down there so she could meet her only great great granddaughter. Great Oma has knitted many dresses for my sister and I as we grew up, doll clothes, and she has knitted hats, scarves, booties, sweaters and mittens for Samantha. I will forever cherish those items. Rest in peace great oma...we love you!

Psalm 100

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good, and His love endures forever
His faithfulness continues on through all generations.

No comments: